WHY DOES A BIG LUNCH HELP YOU FEEL BETTER?

I had no idea how much better I would feel if I made my lunch my biggest meal. When I learned that someone like me who has a weak digestive fire--or, to put it gracefully, who struggles with the food bolus
making its way out of the body at the other end--should eat when the suns fire is at its highest, I thought, "Hmmm. Let me try it." So I made lunch my biggest meal. It worked!

So today, feeling great and grateful, and in a spirit of honoring my body's need to eat a big lunch, I made quinoa kale soup and poured it over chickpea dumplings I fried in an Æbleskiver pan. It was delicious, quick, and EASY! And I felt great all afternoon, instead of weak and dizzy. I've been having my biggest meal at lunch which was one of Vladimir Kazinets Ayurvedic recommendations to strengthen my weakened Vata constitution.

It's helped me realize how undernourished I've been for the last six years by being so weak, and not following a routine to simply get healthy, nourishing food into my tummy that matches my body's constitution (along with that which is out of balance). I feel so much better by following this routine, along with other little tweaks. Since my Vata has been Vitiated (that is fun to say, but it's not fun to feel a Vitiation of Vata), my stomach digestive juices are really weak. In fact, I can have a meal sit in my stomach for over a day, not going anywhere. But by eating the heaviest meal at lunch, when the digestive juices, like the heat of the sun, are at their zenith, I feel stronger. Also, having a light meal in the evening a few hours before going to bed doesn't make my body work as hard.

Since the Vata part of me has been so out of balance, warm soups with vegetables, quinoa, and the moistened dumplings make me feel so satisfied. I feel stronger, happier, and an indescribable joy is beginning to fill me, contrasted with the multi-layered social, spiritual, physical, and emotional starvation I'd felt while so home bound and lonely for the last six years. Maya Tiwari wrote, "Food creates the mind." I'm beginning to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative