HOW I DYED A TOWEL WITH TURMERIC

Now that I've been enjoying turmeric facial masks, I've learned it's difficult for me not to get little stains on the towel or wash cloth. So, it seemed a lot easier to have a few towels that were already that beautiful, turmeric color! I put them in the sink, filled the sink with warm water, sprinkled 1/4 cup of turmeric (1/2
a spice bottle) on the towels and let it sit. I swished them around a bit, unfolding them to make sure the yellow dye got into every crack and cranny.

Squeezing out the towels was a bit tricky, and I realized it would have
made more sense to do this in the washing machine. But alas, I didn't think of it soon enough.

I put the towels through a wash cycle using hot water, dried them, and delightedly pulled them out of the dryer when I saw how beautiful they looked. Patrick exclaimed, "Wow! I love these towels! Where did you get them?"

3 comments:

  1. I too am a big fan of turmeric (using it inside AND out), and have ruined my fair share of towels. I am SO doing this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool color of the towel. Thanks for share this post.
    stacy
    atheletic towels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tumeric - another form of antibiotic produce by nature -Workout Towels

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative